Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, June 28, 2010

ANYTHING BUT A CARD at BUGABOO'S CATCH THE BUG BLOG

Well, it's Monday, the start of another week.  Mondays are my "errand" day, so they are always quite busy.  Monday is also ANYTHING BUT A CARD DAY over at BUGABOO'S CATCH THE BUG BLOG - WOO HOO!!  I LOVE to alter things, so this was a lot of fun.  I decided to make a recipe box because I LOVE to cook as well, plus I think it will make a GREAT gift for some of my other friends who love to cook:)
Top of box features BUGABOO IMAGE "J.J. BAKING."  This image, along with all the other AWESOME BUGABOOs, can be found at BUGABOO STORE.  I colored J.J. with Atyou Spicas and Copics and used Liquid Pearl for the whipped cream on her head.  All DP on the box is Basic Grey.  Flowers are Prima.
For the front of the box, I printed out this label on my computer and then cut with an SU border punch.  I also added some buttons that I made by spraying plain white buttons with Memories Mist and Maya's Mist.  They take a bit longer to dry then when I did something similar with the alcohol inks, but I think they look cool:)  CS is SU Bravo Burgandy.
This is the inside of the box.  I hope you like it, I'd really love to hear what you think.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

22 comments:

Pillerillan said...

Wonderful! I really like the stamp - especially the shoes! I like the idea of cooking in high heels - a little more glamouros ;) Hugs from me!
http://pillerillanspyssligheter.blogspot.com

sgc said...

Audrey--I think it turned out great!!

Me said...

its a very beautiful box

hugzz marjon

Catherine said...

What a fantastic idea Audrey ! I love the colours you have chosen and the digi is so so cool ! Your flowers are gorgeous ! Love it to bits ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Melissa S. said...

Audry, this is great. I love the flowers and the buttons turned out great.

Jackie Randolph said...

Very cute!!! Love the colors and the image you used.

Tkat said...

that is beautiful!!! i would love to own one of those!!! :) and i especially love the flowers! :)

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is great, Audrey! It'd would be a fantastic gift. Love your flowers.

Janell said...

Wow! Great job on the recipe box. It's really pretty. I like the added touch with the buttons. Be sure to add some of your favorite recipes when you give it away. :)

Unknown said...

Oh....I love this box Audrey! My oldest daughter is wanting a recipe box. I need to get busy and create one for her. :)

fairie said...

This is an adorable recepie box. She's very funny. Love how you used liquid pearl for her whipped creme.

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome box Audrey you have done a brilliant job with this I just love that image they never fail to make me giggle and your flowers are gorgeous I love it.
Hugs
lorraine x

Cindy N. said...

It is a very beautiful box. Love the colors and the embellishments.

Angie said...

Love this box, so cute!!!

Alberto said...

Very cute Box!
Your crations are wonderful!

Hugs, SHake

Rae Anne said...

Beautiful box, but WTF is a recipe? ;) MWAH!

Aunty Sue said...

Love these images and what a greawt idea

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really cute, Hip! Very creative. Those flowers are fab.

Mary Lou said...

Cool box ~~Love those flowers Hun!!
Blessings

jennruggeri75 said...

Wow!! You should be happy with the way it turned out... it's amazing!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Wow, this box is really great. I like it very much:)

Shelley said...

This recipe box is wonderful, love the colors, the images, the flowers are fantastic and the little hearts are the perfect touch. I have spend my free time for several days browsing your archives and lady, you are talented! I still have a ways to ge to see the rest of your creations and will most likely not be commenting, as I will be too busy oogling, lol.