Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY CHALLENGE AT SHELLY'S IMAGES!


Well, it's time for what you've been waiting for, our new TTT CHALLENGE at SHELLY'S IMAGES BLOG - WOO HOO!! I wanted to do something that wouldn't be too tough so that lots of you will want to join us, so I chose a challenge using the #3, which is an often used number in popculture - The "Rule" of 3, "3s" a Charm, 3 strikes and your out, etc. So this week, your projects must have at least 1 element in 3s, for example, 3 different DPs, 3 buttons, 3 embellishments, and so on. I think this should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what you create!! You have until next Weds., June 30 at 11:59pm to enter your creation using our Linky Tool. Good luck and most importantly, HAVE FUN! Remember, you are not required to use one of SHELLY'S IMAGES, but we'd sure LOVE to see one:)  You should definitely visit the SHELLY'S IMAGES STORE to see all the AWESOME images there:)
For my card, I tried to show several different examples of  "3s," but for your challenge cards, you only need to use 1 set of 3.  I used 3 different kinds of paper - Bazzill textured for the base, SU smooth chocolate chip CS for the 2nd layer (that I embossed with Quickutz EF), and mulberry paper.  I also used 3 different brown papers.  I chose 3 buttons for each side of my card (some from JoAnn and some are MFT).  I colored my image from SHELLY'S IMAGES with Copics, cut with nesties and daubed with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink.  Sentiment is computer generated and cut with nesties and scissors.  I hope you like it and can't wait to see what you create!

The sketch I used for this card is from PAPERTAKE WEEKLY CHALLENGE.  Thanks so much for looking.  Let me know what you think:) 

7 comments:

Me said...

What a sweety love the colours and the image.
Great buttons to.

Grtzz and Hugzz Marjon

Unknown said...

Fantastic challenge Audrey! Thanks for all your work to get this going for our followers.

Pillerillan said...

Nice! Wehave a lot of sayings including the number of three in swedish as well - I like the idea! And somehow i often end up using decorations and other stuff in groups of three! Have a nice weekend! http://pillerillanspyssligheter.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

What a sweet card Audrey ! I love the handmade paper as a background ! Sweet image too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Cindy N. said...

Lovely card. Nice mixture of browns, they look fabulous together. I wish you a beautiful day.

bernietom47 said...

Aww to cute.
Hugs
Bernie

Phred said...

I really like this card.

lv toria