Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS WITH THE PIXIE COTTAGE

It's time for a  NEW CHALLENGE at THE PIXIE COTTAGE BLOG!!  This weeks challenge is Holiday Decor items such as ornaments, banners, table arrangements etc. OR we'd like a card using the sketch. If you submit a card instead of the decor item then it must follow the sketch.


Here is the sketch should you choose the card option.  Remember you can use the sketch or the optional technique.  The randomly picked winner will win two stamps of their choice from the Pixie Cottage Collection (available at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More). The winner will be announced on the Friday after the challenge ends.

Here is my card this week using Hannah's Stocking by Sandra Hammer.  I am super thrilled at how my card turned out and I love this image, but you should definitely check out the decor projects and other card creations by the DT over at THE PIXIE COTTAGE BLOG because they will knock your socks off!!

I stamped Sandra's wonderful image on SU sparkle white CS - I have not used this with my Copics before, so it was an experiment.  I love how the coloring turned out, although I have to admit this is not the best paper to use with Copics - made some of them seem very dry.  I also added Aleene's sparkly snow which I found at Joanna Sheen's shop.  Papers are from Nikki Sivils and coredinations,  image cut out using Nesties as is sentiment and backing.  Sentiment from Our Craft Lounge clear stamps.  I sure hope you like it and will come play along!!

Remember to link up your project at THE PIXIE COTTAGE BLOG before December 6th at 11.59pm CST.  Pixie Cottage images are not required to play along.  Any backlinked projects will be removed.

14 comments:

Liliya said...

Very cute card!!
Love the new look of your blog as well!

Denise said...

Audrey this card is so pretty and the image is really sweet.
Hugs
Denise xx

Glennis F said...

Very sweet card Audrey

Crafty Loops said...

This card is so lovely Audrey, you coloured it so perfectly. Lee xx

Davi said...

Fab job on the card Audrey! Love the coloring and pretty dps with it :)

uksharon said...

Says Christmas to me - love the stockings hanging over the Fire place.
Best wishes, Sharon

Unknown said...

Fab card. x

Sandra H said...

Hi just so awesome!!:) Sandra H

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love your card.

franzesjoi said...

soo adorable card :) and the coloring --is fab! :)

Hello said...

Just love your cards, the coloring is amazing.

Sandra H. said...

Very, very nice Audrey!!!

Mary Lou said...

Awhh Audrey this is sooooo CUTE!!!!! WTTG with trying something different--sparkle paper is fun :) Great card!!!
Holiday blessings
Hugz

Trish and Treasure said...

Such a cute image, looks just my my little girl!!!
Trish Munro