Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, November 28, 2011

THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR AT PAPER CUPCAKES - SHABBY CHIC OR VINTAGE CHRISTMAS

Happy Monday to all!!  A little slow out of the gate this morning, but expected that after being able to sleep at least an hr. and 1/2 to 2 hrs. later everyday since Weds.  Anyhow, we have a NEW CHALLENGE this week at THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR WITH PAPER CUPCAKES and our challenge this week is SHABBY CHIC OR VINTAGE CHRISTMAS!  Thanks to DT Member Sonia for choosing such a fun theme!!

You have until Sunday, Dec. 4 in the evening EST to play along.  While you are not required to use an image from PAPER CUPCAKES SHOP, we'd sure LOVE to see one and you will get 2 entries instead of 1 for purposes of our random.org drawing for the winner if you use one:)  Nina has added some awesome new images to the shop, so I hope you will go check them out at PAPER CUPCAKES SHOP.

For my card, I chose "Welcome Winter," which is going to be released later this month.  I love this image and enjoyed coloring it with my Copics and Fiskars glitter gel pens.  I cut it out with Nesties and used Aleen's glitter glaze for the snow on the ground and the trim on the bird's hat.  I used papers from Kaisercraft as well as the tag, on which I added an eyelet and sentiment from Unity stamps.  Circles are cut with Lifestyle Crafts die and corners done with an EK Success punch.  I added bling from Prima as well.  I am really happy at the way this turned out - vintage/shabby chic has always been one of the most challenging styles to grasp, but I love a good challenge:)


Additional challenges entered:

DREAM VALLEY - sparkle
GINGERLOFT - winter or Christmas
PAN PASTEL - animal
PAPER SUNDAES - winter wonderland
SPARKLES FORUM CHALLENGE - vintage Christmas
STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY - anything Christmas
CRAFTY HAZELNUT'S CHRISTMAS - vintage Christmas
CRAZY 4 CHALLENGES - use some kind of snow

26 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Audrey, Absolutely fabulous card love the image its so sweet:) Sandra H

Anne said...

Great card Audrey, very pretty
Anne x

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute. I am liking this image, too.

Jennifer Scull said...

I love all of these different die cuts, Audrey. too funny that I used the exact same rectangle on a card I posted today, too. great minds! :)

Crafty Loops said...

Beautiful die cuts and a cute wee image. I love the new look blog too Audrey, it looks amazing. Lee xx

ddazzled71 said...

Your card is adorable.. I love all the different layers and your sweet image.

Hanneke said...

Very nice card! That stamp is cute and I love the sparkles. Hugs, Hanneke

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Lovely! The colours are fab and I love the image, the red birdie is so cute
Lindsay xx

Sonia said...

Hi Audrey
The image is so cute.. YOU did a Gorgeous card! Great JOB!
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com/

Dobra said...

For you dear it as always
wonderfully made ​​a card

Rosalee said...

Great card Audrey. Love the bling
Hugs, Rosalee

PS. I have a giveaway going on now and you are more then welcome to join in.

Lisa Atha said...

So cute Audrey!!!! Love it!

Hugs, Lisa

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh this is gorgeous Audrey ... and I'm lovin all your bling! Thanks for playing along with our sparkle challenge at Dream Valley.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Audrey, I love the colours & bling :)
I hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

MagsB said...

Oh what beautiful, soft colours on this gorgeous card! Just lovely! Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

love MagsB x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles with our vintage Christmas challenge

Hope you will join us again soon good luck xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hi again, love your card. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is a cute christmas card. Love that red birdie. Just love how you've used the cardstock and sketch to coordinate with the colours of that lovely image, Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Hugs Bettina

thinker said...

I love all the different elements you've included - what a great card! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge.

Grace said...

Oh goodness I love this!!! Your little bird is so cute and there are so many details to feast the eyes upon! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Traci M said...

This is adorable...I agree shabby chic is a hard one...but having all the details on your card makes it pretty chic to me!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!!

Nina said...

A great card with a wonderful motiv!

Thanks for joining our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday :)
Hugs, Nina.

Julie said...

such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sketches by Carly
Hugs,
julie

Carly said...

Hi Audrey!:)
This card is adorable. I love all of the bling and jewels.

xxCARLYxx

Gale said...

Cute card. Love the cardinal.
Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft!
Happy Holidays.

:) Gale

Trish and Treasure said...

Wow, this little birdie is so cute.
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/