Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, November 7, 2011

THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR WITH PAPER CUPCAKES - ALL WHITE WITH COLORED IMAGE


Happy Monday to all and welcome to our NEW CHALLENGE at THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR W/ PAPER CUPCAKES.    This week is was my turn to choose the challenge and I have chosen ALL WHITE w/ COLORED IMAGE.  I love the look of the crisp and clear white and shades of white (cream/ivory) and then adding an image full of color.  I hope you will come play along in our challenge. 

You have until Sunday, November 13 to link up your project at THERE'S MAGIC IN THE AIR.  While it is not necessary to use an image from PAPER CUPCAKES, we'd sure LOVE to see one!  Plus, you get an extra entry per project if you use an image from PAPER CUPCAKES and Nina always has some FREEBIES for you to try!


For this week's creation, I used PAPER CUPCAKES image "Yarah and Blow."  I love this gorgeous image and had so much fun coloring it with Copics, Fiskars glitter gel pens and Sparkling H2Os water color paints, which I used for Yarah's tail and wings.  I used papers from Bazzill and SU, pre-punched flowers from CTMH that I embossed with Cuttlebug folder.  Also used Cuttlebug folder for frame and second layer.  Frame and image cut with Nesties.  I used vellum, which I also embossed with Cuttlebug folder for strip down the side and added ric rac ribbon from CTMH and lace from Hobby Lobby.  Buttons from my stash and pearl glittered flower from Jolee's Boutique.  Sentiment is from clear Hero Arts set and cut with Nesties.  Hope you like it and will come play along.

Additional challenges entered:

CARD CUPIDS - bling
CORROSIVE CHALLENGES - with a flourish (embossing folder)
GINGERLOFT - ribbon, glitter and flowers on BINGO card
THE HYBRID CHICK - make own flower
THE SECRET CRAFTER - flowers, ribbon, lace
CARD MAKIN' MAMAS - die cuts
4 CRAFTY CHICKS - die cuts
CCEE STAMPERS - 4 different embellies - lace, ric rac, buttons, flowers
SPARKLE CREATIONS - white on white

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is fab huni i love the white on white effect and the gorgeous colouring on your image xx

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

super-pretty, Aud!!
This is a tough challenge and not one I'll usually attempt, but your card is surely an inspiration to give it a try!!
I really like the look of the embossed vellum!

Stacie

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card Audrey. Lee x

Sandra H said...

This is just amazing:) Sandra H

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Kim Kelley said...

Great card! Love the buttons!

Iverova said...

I really like being in a postcard contains buttons!

Gale said...

Love your mermaid card! Beautiful!
Thanks for playing 'Bingo' with us at GingerLoft Challenges!

(Come to my blog and enter to win a free copy of 'My Memories suite 2' by Polaroid.
http://galevarland.blogspot.com)

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei CUYL.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

pinky said...

Beautiful card, love the way the image pops in those colours. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Regan said...

Sweet card! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "With a Flourish"! :)
{hugs}
Regan