Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, January 7, 2013

ALCOHOL INK TUTORIAL FOR INKY IMPRESSIONS


Happy Monday (which seems like a contradiction in terms LOL)   I have a new tutorial on INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATIONS BLOG on how to make a background using alcohol inks.  I hope you will check out the full tutorial over there.





 I put together the rest of my card by affixing the image, base, etc. to my newly created background.   I chose INKY IMPRESSIONS SHOP rubber stamp "LiLi's Birthday Cake" which I colored with Copics, Sakura and Atyou Spica Pens.  I cut her out with Sizzix die, added papers from Gina K. Designs and Papertrey Ink DP, cut out heart die with Sizzix and sentiment from my stash cut with Nestie.   Studio Calico crystals and pleated ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel finish off my card.  Hope you like it!



Additional Challenges:

CORROSIVE CHALLENGES – out with the old (alcohol inks – several years old and haven’t been used in at least a year!)
DREAM VALLEY – anything goes
SCRAPPY FROGS – try something new
CREATIVE CREATIONS – anything goes
LEXI’S CREATIONS – anything goes
MY GRAFICO – anything goes
PAUSE DREAM ENJOY – use ribbon
THE PINK ELEPHANT CARD CHALLENGE – Celebrate
FRESH BREWED DESIGNS – anything goes
ONE CRAZY STAMPER - anything goes

7 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

What a great card here Audrey. I really like the inked background here, it´s a great way to get some more colors into our work and be in charge of which colors are in the lead here too. Great work here again and thanks sooo much for another great tutorial here today.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sandra H said...

This is really stunning and thank you Audrey for the Tutorial xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and the inked background is fabulous, very nicely done! Love the little heart and yellow ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'anything goes' challenge!

Janis Lewis said...

That background is totally cool and gorgeous! WOW!!! Love your image and coloring and the ribbon and corner sentiment. GREAT card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again next week! :) Janis

Unknown said...

Lovely card Audrey well done.good luck and thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges this week. Anita x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What a SWEET card. I love the way you created the background paper.


Thank you for playing along at our Freshly Brewed Challenge for Jan.,
I hope to see you at the hop this weekend!
Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com