Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, February 4, 2013

MY TUTORIAL FOR INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG


Hey everyone!  I'm back again today with my post for INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG. I am sorry I'm a bit later than I wanted, but I had to run my daughter's forgotten backpack up to school this morning, and it threw my whole day off!  Anyway, here I am with my inspiration post and I have 2 mini ideas for you today.


First is a background using Scor-pal and ink of choice.  Choose your papers.

Cut layer that will be last layer before adding image and embellies and cut to size, then make scors going down at 1/2 inches apart.


Next flip paper opposite direction and repeat scoring.


Now you have created a checkerboard pattern.  You can leave it just like this for a cool background or you can add some more color, which is what I chose to do with this Brilliance pearlescence ink.


So, I just daubed ink over the pattern, which brings out the pattern more and adds some nice color.


Next, I stamp my image from INKY IMPRESSIONS "Super girl Lili" onto Kraft paper.



When coloring on Kraft, you need to realize that since it is darker, you will need colors with greater saturation to make sure they show up well.  So, I have used Copic pinks from the RV family, but have stuck with RV 69 and RV 66 rather than the RV 14, 17 and 19 that I would use on white.  I also used RV09, 06 and 04 with just a very small amount of 02, but nothing lighter.  On her skin, I used mostly E13 and threw in some BV 00 and E53.  Finally, I went with E23, 25 and 49 for her hair, again a tad darker than what I would use on white paper.


Last, but not least, I have put everything together and added additional Core-dinations papers, lace from Hobby Lobby, button from MFT, charm from INKY IMPRESSIONS, cord from SU and sentiment from My Craft Spot, which is cut with Nesties as is image.  Bling flourishes from Prima.  Sure hope you like it!!


Additional challenges:


7 comments:

Misty's said...

Love the background you created and thanks for your tip about how to colour on kraft. Very handy for someone like me who has never even attempted yet.
Michaela xx

Glennis F said...

Thanks for the ideas Audrey - very useful

Sandra H said...

Brilliant Audrey and thank you for sharing it x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! The background is great! Carri~Abusybee

Jennifer said...

Very fun background for your super hero! Love the ribbon you used to!

Susanne said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you created the background and your image painting.... Have a nice week! Hugs Susanne

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great idea to create your own background. Love it! Thanks, for sharing.