Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SOFTPENCIL TUESDAY - CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!

It's time again for SOFTPENCIL TUESDAY!  I hope you are all having a great start to your week and recovering from Halloween festivities if you celebrated those this weekend.  I know my kids, husband and I were all pretty exhausted from all the running from house to house to get goodies!

A few announcements before I get to my project this week.  You'll want to pop on over to the SOFTPENCIL BLOG to check out the ADORABLE NEW CHRISTMAS images.  Also, check out DT member CAT's AMAZING Halloween goodies - if you have time, stop at CAT'S BLOG and leave her some love!!

As of now, the SOFTPENCIL SHOP is closed for maintenance, so the only place you can get the current SOFTPENCIL PRODUCTS is at SOFTPENCIL'S ETSY SHOP.  All current products will be available ONLY until Jan. 2.  Elizabeth is re-designing all her characters, so get your current SOFTPENCIL products while you still can.  For NOVEMBER, everything in the SOFTPENCIL ETSY SHOP is 20% off!!  Also,
Sale is going on, so you definitely want to get yourself over there to take advantage of all these GREAT SALES!!

One last thing before I get to my card.  Hope you will pop on over to SOFTPENCIL GROUP ON PCP for fun, chatting and getting to know the DT and other lovers of SOFTPENCIL!!

This week the DT is using "Little Dog and Christmas Tree" image.  I chose to follow the sketch from CARDS & THINGS.

For my card, I colored the image with Copics and Atyou Spicas and cut with Nesties.   Then I added Basic Grey and Denami Designs buttons, Darice flower bling, flower soft for snow and parts of little dog.  I used Mica Chips on the bottom.  Bling flower is from Sassafras Lass.  Bows are from my stash.  Base CS is SU bravo burgandy, light green is from Papertrey Ink and embossed with new Basic Grey EF for Sizzix.  Bright green CS is CTMH and is embossed with different Basic Grey EF for Sizzix and distressed.  Hope you like it!!

My card is also for the following challenges:
LEXI'S CREATIONS - anything goes
MY TIME TO CRAFT - quick and cute
STAMPS R US - buttons and bows
WILD ORCHID - use Classic Christmas colors (red, green)
LITTLE PAPER SHOP - buttons and bows
ALY'S SUNDAY CHALLENGE - distressed
COWGIRL SUNDAY - bling
GINGERLOFT - buttons
STAMP, SCRAP & DOODLE - buttons
A SPOONFULL OF SUGAR - relish to embellish
SCRAP CREATIONS - favorite technique (dry embossing with EFs)
TOTALLY STAMPALICIOUS - red bow
CREATIVE BELLI - flowersoft plus items from stash (bows)

23 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love the buttons on the tree! So fun!

Robin Parker said...

Nice job on the flocking around the tree. Love the embossed background paper. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Krista Driessen said...

The little bows are so cute, thanks for playing along with C&T !

Anne-Marije said...

What a great card Audrey. Nice buttons on the Christmastree!
xxx Anne-Marije

my little scrapping corner said...

very cute card. love the use of buttons, the colors and the bows.

Michelle said...

WOW what a awesome christmas card...love the bows and buttons on the tree!

Kerry said...

Audrey, this is fabulous!! The bows are rockin'!

Kim said...

Audrey this is so cute! Love the embossed panel background and what a cute image! Great work hun! thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute card love the button on the tree!!I'm now a follower and I can't wait to see you next project:)
Hugs,
Norma

Monique said...

What a fun Holiday card... Love the 3 red bows!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!

Peggy said...

Great XMAS Card. It reminds me I need to get working on mine! Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Lisa Atha said...

Audrey,

This is so cute! I love all of the cute embellishments!

Hugs, Lisa

Linda said...

Great card! I love the image and the way you used the buttons on the tree. So cute! You are over 400 now. I am a follower now and would love to have you visit my blog.
Sorry about Mr. Linky that was my fault. Thanks for joining us at SSDS.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Fink said...

Love those bows, perfectly tired! Nice job

Marilyn said...

How cute! I love the image & the buttons & bows are perfect!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenge!

Joycelyn Turner said...

Oh I'm just lovin' those beautiful red bows...fabulous card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!!

Tami said...

I love how you added the buttons to the tree:) Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft.

Lexi said...

Lovely card and fab embossing :D Thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

Mary C said...

Oh Audrey this card is so cute. I love the traditional Christmas colors with this image. You did a fantastic job using a favorite technique. Wonderful job on this card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Patricia Rose said...

wonderfully done.. love the button embellished tree and three red bows... Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicous.
Hugs.. Pat

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty Christmas card...love how you decorated the tree and all the flowersoft snow!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Kristen said...

Super cute card. I love your technique! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Chrissie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie