Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Friday, November 7, 2014

SPECIAL POST - WHIMSY DT CALL

Happy Day everyone!  1 week until the big move, but since we are only moving 10 minutes away, moving has taken all my time, more or less, over the past 2 weeks.  We are trying desparately to move everything except the big furniture before the movers come.  It has been slow going, largely because I have so much crafting stuff and I decided to go through all of it and reduce what I had prior to moving.  Good news - I have 8 boxes going to Goodwill, the other news (wouldn't necessarily call it bad LOL, it that I still have WAY too much stuff!!)

Anyway, I am posting today after almost 2 weeks with no posts because one of my very favorite shops, Whimsy Stamps Shop is having a DT Call for their rubber stamp and die DT and part of the application process is to post a project and let them know why I want to be on the Whimsy Stamps Shop DT.

As many of you who follow me know, I have served on the Whimsy Stamps Shop digital DT since January 2014.  I have loved every minute of it and adore all the artists, stamps, die cuts and much more found at Whimsy Stamps Shop.  Whimsy Stamps Shop has so many wonderful rubber stamp artists and I would love to be able to work with each and every one of them.

I pride myself on taking my time to provide well colored and photographed creations.  I put 110% effort into every project I make and don't ever cut corners to finish a project for the sake of completing it, if it's not up to my high standards I would rather start over than turn in something subpar.  You can rest assured that I always turn in my best product possible.  I love to work with a variety of artists, finding it fun and challenging to work with different artistic styles, especially those which may be out of my comfort zone.

I love meeting new people both within DTs and with fans of the shops I DT for on FB and other forums.  I honor my commitments by having my projects done on time and my posts done when they are supposed to be.  I take great pride and honor in serving in all the DTs of which I am a part, and would love to include Whimsy Stamps Shop DT as one of them.

Thanks so much for this opportunity.  My card created for the call features Wanda digi stamp from the Marika Collins Collection at Whimsy Stamps Shop.  I know it is past Halloween, but I really love this image and had started coloring it before Halloween and wanted to finish it.  I used Copis to color this beauty and cut her out with scissors.  I chose DP from Doodlebug Designs and CS from American Crafts and Bazzill.  Ribbon is from my stash, bat stickers are Little B and sentiment is from My Craft Spot and cut out with Lifestyle Crafts die.  Die behind the image is Joy! Crafts.  I sure hope you like it and thanks so much for looking!!


As part of my application for Whimsy Stamps Shop, I am showing to other images to demonstrate some different color combos.

From Little Miss Muffet Stamps - Claudia's Butterflies


From Di's Digi Stamps - Fairies Storytime


3 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous design and what fab ribbon a great card Love and hugs Carole x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I think you'd be awesome on their DT! I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your card and previous samples. Wishing I lived near you so I could go that Good Will store hehe. Some lucky crafter is going to have a field day and start hyperventilating when they see all your crafty donations!

Hope the move is going well - we moved 15 min away and did the same thing. A lot of work!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful cards Audrey. Thanks so much for entering the DT call.