Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, August 15, 2013

MY TUTORIAL DAY FOR YUMI & FUMI HANDMADE BLOG

Hi everyone, today is my first post on theYumi & Fumi Handmade blog since joining the awesome Yumi & Fumi Handmade DT!!  Today I am sharing a quick project idea that I had after finding Fumi with Turtle stamp at YUMI & FUMI HANDMADE SHOP.  This stamp is from the Peek-A-Boo series and I pictured Fumi looking out from a door, so I decided to make one for her to stand behind.

First I cut out a piece of cardstock, and then I used my score pal to make the hinge part of the door by scoring in about 1/2 inch.


Next I chose my Nesties for windows in the door - I decided 1 at the top and 3 below.


After cutting the windows, I trimmed my piece of Magic Mesh, which is already pre-sticky


and then adhered it to the inside.  I love the way it turned out, but decided I wanted some more personality for the door, so I found some SU DP and added the windows by lining it up with my already cut out door.


I think it looks a lot better with the additional designed paper over top.  Then, I added it to my base card, where I also used SU papers.  I added a brad from Bo Bunny for the door knob.


Then I added my Copic colored Yumi with Turtle stamp that I cut out with scissors as well as this cute sentiment from Jaded Blossom, which is cut with Nestie.  Bling from Mark Richards rounds out my creation.  I sure hope you like it and that you found my tutorial helpful.


Hugs!!


6 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOW this card looks awesome Audrey. I love the way you build this one up with the girl peeking out behind the door. What a clever idea.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous tutorial Audrey....love the screens in the door and the lovely lady peeping through!
xxx Margreet

UTs Hobby Time said...

Looks beautiful. I too love the screens.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Sandra H said...

Wow great tutorial and great results too l just love it x

~@ngie~ said...

that's awesome darl.... very clever idea.... thanx for the tutorial... might give it a go one day.... ya know... like all the other's I wanna try *sigh* never enuff hours in a day huh??? lol

love n hugz Angie xXx
P.S. can ya pleez reply to my email darl ;) hehehe xXx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Wow this looks brilliant thank you so much for taking the time to do the tutorial xx