Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Double the Mermaid fun with DIGI DOODLE STUDIOS!

Happy Thursday everyone and welcome back to my blog.   I hope you have had a great week so far and have gotten to do some crafting.   Life has been a wee bit crazy the past 2 weeks, and I haven’t done as much crafting as I had hoped, but working on making up for that by sharing not 1, but 2 creations today using a couple of the many fabulous images from Digi Doodle Studios Shop.    

Have you visited Digi Doodle Studios Shop recently?  Make sure to head on in and check out all the amazing products, new items are being added all the time - they are all awesome!  New images are being added all the time, and you will definitely find many images you are going to want to add to your collection!  You can also find digi sentiments and digi paper sets to fit all your card making and crafting needs. 
Challenge Blog
Make sure to come play along in our challenge at the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge Blog, our September challenge will be starting in just 2 days (September 1), so make sure to go check it out!!   Hope to see you playing along!
The first project I am sharing today uses Amatheia digi image.   I had a great time coloring this gorgeous image with my Copics, I am not sure if there is a name for the technique I used for her tail, but I combined 3 different color combos and I am super happy with the final result.  Image cut out with my Cameo.

I used the following colors:
Hair E23, E53, E31, E51, E30
Skin E04, E11, E21, E00, R32, R30        
Tail V04, V01, V00, B12, B00, B000, BV13, BV02, BV00, BV000
Fish E08, YR18, YR16, YR12
Leaves YG17, YG25, YG11
Flowers V05, V04, V01, BV08, BV13, BV02
Image is highlighted with B60 and bottom part is waves drawn in with B12, B00, B000.

I made a card where I split the top layer using a waves die from my stash.  I then used the image to hold the bottom part on to complete the card.   I added seashells from my stash and ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon of the front.  Paper on front is from Heartfelt Creations. 
The inside features Fab Scraps Paper, pearl flourish from Zva Creative and sea shell mix sequins from Hero Arts.   Sentiment is from “Mermaid” sentiments set, which can also be found at Digi Doodle Studios Shop.
My second creation shows off the stunning Nixie mermaid digi image, also from Digi Doodle Studios Shop.  Yet another gorgeous image from the “Under the Sea” Collection.
Nixie is colored with my Copics, Sakura paint pen and Atyou Spicas and then cut out with my Cameo as well as backing paper. 
I used the following colors:
Hair E25, E23, YR23, YR21, Y21
Skin E04, E11, E21, E00, R32, R30        
Tail G16, G19, G14, G12
Flower YR04, YR02, YR01, YR00
Shell with pearl E43, E41, E40, YR02, YR01
Lobster R39, R46, R27
Image is outlined with BG32 which is then water brushed using Copic Colorless Blender solution.

For this project, I made a sea shell box using a template from my Cameo library.  I chose Heartfelt Creations papers once again.  I added a border and embellies cut out with a very old Cheery Lynn Designs die.  Sentiment is from “Mermaid” sentiments set, cut out with Cameo tag die and I added hemp cord through the hole at top of die.  I also added pearls from my stash underneath the sentiment.  I sure hope you have enjoyed both my designs.

Hope you will check out Amatheia and Nixie - we'd all love to see you color any of the images from Digi Doodle Studios Shop and share them in our Digi Doodle Studios Facebook Fan Group and on other social media!!  Wishing you a wonderful remainder of the week.  
Hugs!
Audrey

4 comments:

Glennis F said...

Fabulos projects Audrey

Lisa Lynn said...

Audrey, both of your mermaids are just gorgeous. Love the shells on both of your cards. You make the most amazing cards!!!

Carole Pollard said...

Wow thee are so special what fantastic designs love them Love and hugs Carole x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Loving both of them, they are fab!
Hugs Donna xx