Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, December 3, 2012

SHORT TUTORIAL AND MORE TOMORROW


Hi everyone!  I am here with my Inkettes DT inspiration post that you can also find on INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  My day started with a couple dr. trips for my oldest daughter, so I am running a bit behind, and I am exhausted, so this is going to be very short and sweet.  I have some EXCITING NEWS and more projects to share, but my brain is moving so slow now everything else is going to need to wait for tomorrow.

Anyway, I LOVE my Copics, but I am definitely not very artistic beyond being able to stay with in the lines when I color.  However, in the course of coloring a huge variety of stamped images, I realized that sometimes an image needs some sort of scenery added to it and I don't have many chair or coach type stamps.  So, I started experimenting with my Copics and have created several different types of scenes by adding walls, grass, sidewalk or dirt ground.

Today, I have chosen to work with INKY IMPRESSIONS SHOP image "Winter Fashion Marlee."  I colored her with my Copics as usual.   For her fur trim, I used one of the lightest blues and my Copic blender.

Now, she looks fine and I could have used her as is, but I decided she looks like she is sitting on something and today, it's a brick wall.  So, I started with my darkest color N6 in this case, and made the top of the wall.


Next, I added N4 and N2 to finish out the wall.  I always start darkest and go lighter since the part she would be sitting on would be the darkest.  I do added shadows where her legs are for reflection.


Finally, I take the broad end of my Copic blender and I make "bricks" and voila, there she is, sitting on a wall, ready to be added to any of your projects.  Hope you like it!!


10 comments:

Rosalee said...

Love your new blog look. Love your coloring work on Marlee. So beautiful!!!
Hugs, Rosalee

Ea Christiansen said...

Thank you for a great tutorial - so nice and simple.
Hugz
Ea

Anonymous said...

wonderful coloured!
hello from Elma

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW this was really a cool tips, thank you so much for an awesome tutorial. I definitely never thought of this, but it´s really a cool and easy way. Thanks sooo much.
And what a great coloring Audrey, the image looks fabulous.

Glennis F said...

Brilliant idea Audrey - aren't you clever!!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous colouring Audrey!
xxx Margreet

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Thanks for tutorial-love it
Tamara :)

Michele said...

Hi Audrey!! I am one of the Digi Darla DT's. I just became a new follower! Great blog!! :) Welcome to the group!!

Chriss America Real said...

Love that brick wall! Your whole image is so cute!

Unknown said...

This image is gorgeous and your colouring is beautiful Audrey, I love the brick wall, so creative :)