Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY CHALLENGE AT SHELLY'S IMAGES!

We have a new challenge at SHELLY'S IMAGES today and it is LAYERS - LOTS OF LAYERS!! I have noticed that recently I have enjoyed looking at cards with multiple layers. So, I decided I wanted today's challenge to have you use layers on your card - minimum of 3. For my project, I OVER-EXAGERATED the layers and used 7 if you count the base!! It was much fun and I really like how the card turned out.

Before presenting my card, all of us here at Shelly's Images would like to wish our DT member MARION a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We hope you have a FABULOUS day today!!

Now, back to my card, which I created for you MARION, in honor of your special day:)
I chose Core dinations paper for the base, SU pinks (3 - not sure exact color names), DP is Basic Grey, image from SHELLY'S IMAGES.  Image colored with Copics, Atyou Spicas, and Gelly Roll pens.  Bath bubbles done with Stickles.   Image cut with nesties and sponged with SU melon mambo.  Sentiment from Inky Antics, stamped in SU melon mambo, cut with EK Success punch.   Sizzix EF by Tim Holtz used for light pink layer and scalloped botton from Sizzix by Tim Holtz die.  Dark pink and DP cut with nesties.  Bling is from Michaels.  Lots of dimension dots used.

I hope you like it and find the motivation to play along with us this week. Remember, you do not need to use SHELLY'S IMAGES in your project, but we'd sure LOVE to see one! You have until Wednesday, July 21 at 11:59pm to enter your project at SHELLY'S IMAGES BLOG using our linky tool. Have fun and good luck!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Audrey and fantastic challenge. I think we will have many entries for this one and it will really have us all thinking of layers. By the way....all I could think of yesterday was frosting. Frost your hair, frost your cake....just couldn't figure out what that had to do with rocks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! And what a great challenge - oh, I wish I'd had the time...

Paper Pile Kitten

Me said...

Hihihi the card makes me smile,lovely colours,great challenge.

Hugzz Marjon

Rosalee said...

Cool Stamp. Love the title and the colors are great too.
Hugs, Rosalee

Cindy N. said...

Your card is so relaxing. The image and the colors - so calm. Thank you.