Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WHIMSY STAMPS CREATION - Winter is for the Birds!!

Hi everyone, today is my day to share a creation on the WHIMSY STAMPS BLOG.   Anyone else out there feel like they are stuck in a never ending winter season?!?  We have had snow on and off since October and we are predicted to get more today along with another spell of bitter cold - not usual for this area.

Winter was the inspiration for my card today, which features this adorable digi "Alannah" from StampArt Design by Kathryne available at Whimsy Stamps Store.  I colored this lovely image with my Copics and then cut out with a die from my stash (I think it's a Top Dog Die).  I added Aleene's True Snow on the bottom as well as some Stickles in various places.  I found this DP from Echo Park that I think works great with the image and this sentiment from My Craft Spot, which is cut with Cart us die, that fits perfectly, especially because at this point, I am thinking that winter is for the birds!!   Die cut shapes in the corners are cut with Lifestyle Crafts dies.   Finally I added pearl/bling flourishes to round out the card.  I sure hope you like it!!

 

Challenges entered:
LEJ Designs - anything goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad - a snowy day
Cutie Pie Challenge - cute and blue
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - anything goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle - anything goes with glitter
Stamp and Create - winter wonderland
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - anything goes
Card and Scrap - use bling
Country View Crafts' Challenge - monochromatic
Digi Galore - digi plus monochromatic

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always! And I agree - Winter is for the Birds! We have more snow here in Illinois today too and bitter cold windchills. This is the most we have had in a year for a long time and I am so ready for Srping!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Audrey.

gr karin

Tracey said...

just popping by to say hi audrey :)
this card is so pretty & i love the sparkle,
hugs
tracey
xx

Sandra H said...

A very beautiful card Audrey, love the pretty design

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Audrey what a gorgeous card!

Carole Pollard said...

Hi Audrey this is just such a gorgeous card love everything about it great stamp just perfect Love and Happy Crafting Carole x
Ps Glad I not alone in hating winter !!

Holly Young said...

Audrey this is really cute. I love the image and your coloring is super!

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Love your gorgeous card! The blues are beautiful. Lovely shadings and designing. xx Kathryne

Sarah said...

Such a sweet blue creation, thanks for sharing with us at The Cutie Pies and Good Luck. Sarah-J xx

Hjørdis said...

Beautiful Card ! Thank you for joining us at Card and scrap.
Hjørdis DT

Kaija said...

This is a fabulous!
Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Audrey.


Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator



Unknown said...

So beautiful image and creation. Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina DT PND

Brenda Brown said...

A cute image and fabulous card. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts Monochromatic Challenge xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 78: a snowy day- Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

Vicki Romaine said...

This is really a cute card. Thanks for entering the challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad and do come back often.