Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THE PIXIE COTTAGE - SKETCH AND/OR CHRISTMAS SET

We have a NEW CHALLENGE at THE PIXIE COTTAGE and this week it's a FABULOUS sketch, from our wonderful DT coordinator Katie Tate, and/or to make a set of goodies for Christmas - a card and a tag, box, etc.   Since I love sketches as well as challenge themes, I have done both:)

For my card, I have choesn the image "To Santa from Buffy by Alisa Ramirez" and for my ornament, I have chosen ARTish's digi image "Moose Track."   All images used, as well as the full line on PIXIE COTTAGE images can be found at MICHELLE'S SCRAPBOOKING AND MORE.  To play along in our challenges, you do not need to use a PIXIE COTTAGE image, but we'd certainly love to see one!!

Our challenge runs until Tues., November 29 at midnight CST.  Please link up your NEW creation(s) at THE PIXIE COTTAGE - I can't wait to see what you create:)

For card, my PIXIE COTTAGE image is colored with Copics and I added flower soft and some glitter for the fur parts of the hat and for the scarf.  Buttons are from Bazzill, DPs are from Papercrafting and More magazine (free monthly gift), CS from Papertrey Ink and snowflake brads from my stash.  Nesties used to cute scalloped circles.  Sentiment from Unity.


For the ornament, I used the faux mosaic technique for the base layer - took papers from Papercrafting and More magazine (same ones used for card) and ripped and then daubed ripped pieces.  I then glued everything onto ornament, which is ceramic and from Michael's, using Mod Podge.  I colored PIXIE COTTAGE image with Copics and cut out with scissors.


Sentiment is from Hero Arts clear stamps and cut with Nestie.


Hope you like everything and will come join the challenge!!

6 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Awww Audrey, that wee image is so cute and your buttons are fabulous. The wee ornament is gorgeous too. Lee x

Sandra H said...

Hi Audrey, Fabulous card love the image and the colouring also the fun side of it ......its lovely:) Sandra H

Devlin said...

Sweet bunny!
And a fab ornament, looks very lovely.

marg0006 said...

What adorable projects. Thanks for th chance at this awesome giveaway. I was blog happing and came upon you. Just became a follower.
marg0006@verizon.net

franzesjoi said...

super cute card!!!!!

Anne said...

cute as a button Audrey, love the matching tag
Anne x