Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Sorrel Merry Thistle from DIGI DOODLE STUDIOS

Hey everyone, it's time for me to share my Digi Doodle Studios Blog post, and that means it's Thursday!   Hope you have had a great week so far and have gotten to do some crafting.  I cannot believe it's March already - wow time flies!  I am thrilled to share my newest creation using one of the fabulous newest release images from Digi Doodle Studios Shop.

Have you visited Digi Doodle Studios Shop recently?  Make sure to head on in and check out all the amazing products, new items are being added all the time -  they are all awesome!  The Light and Sprite Fairies landed in the shop last week and are some of my favorites - I know you will love them too!!  You can also find digi sentiments and digi paper sets to fit all your card making and crafting needs.  

Make sure to come play along in our challenge at the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge Blog, our NEW challenge for March begins today and the theme is FEMININE FANCY (Girly creations).  Hope to see you playing along!


Digi Doodles Sorrel Merry Thistle Fairy Digi Stamp

This week I am sharing my creation using Sorrel Merry Thistle
digi image.   I had a great time coloring this gorgeous image with my Copics and and Atyou Spicas and then cutting out with a Duo die.   I used bold and bright colors again this week to color Sorrel Merry Thistle as to me the images from this collection seem to want to sparkle and shine.


 I used the following colors:

Hair E44, YR23, E43, Y00
Skin E04, E11, E21, E00, R32, R30
Dress, flower BV29, BG78, BG75, BG72, BG10
Wings RV66, RV05, RV09, RV06, RV04
Socks use same colors as dress and wings
Outer edge of wings V09, V06
Owl E29, E27, E37, E34, E08, YR07, YR04, YR23, Y17, Y15

Image is highlighted with BG10 and then I used various Copics to add dots all around the image and drew in grass at the bottom using G19, G09, G07, G05, G02.  Sentiment can be found in the Pixie Wishes Sentiments Set also found at Digi Doodle Studios Shop.  Sentiment is cut out with Duo die and then daubed over with Memento grape jelly ink.  My papers are from First Edition and I also used the paper for my butterflies, which are Memory Box dies.  I added pearls from my stash to the centers of the butterflies.


Here is a closer up view of my colored image.  I sure hope you have enjoyed learning about how I made my creation this week.


Hope you will check out Sorrel Merry Thistle and all her Light and Sprite fairy friends in the shop - we'd all love to see you color any of these images and share them in our Facebook Fan Group and on other social media!! Wishing you a wonderful remainder of the week.   I look forward to seeing you all again next week.

Hugs!
Audrey DT

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!

Lisa Lynn said...

Audrey those butterflies are gorgeous and so is your card. Now for the normal....love your bright colors and your coloring. I should just have a cut and paste for you, hehe. I don't know how you get such bright colors.

Leeann said...

So cute, Audrey!