Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Friday, April 8, 2011

NEW CHALLENGE AT SEW MANY CARDS - LIGHT/SPRING COLORS

We have a NEW CHALLENGE this week at SEW MANY CHALLENGES and this week it's a COLOR CHALLENGE and the colors are light or spring colors - think turquoise, light pink, light purple, light green.  You get the picture!!

You have until 10pm Thurs., April 14 to enter your project at SEW MANY CHALLENGES BLOG.  Although SEW MANY CARDS images are not required, we'd sure LOVE to see one!!  Also, make sure you stop by the SEW MANY CARDS SHOP and pick up this week's FREEBIE as well as check out the FABULOUS new April images!

For my card, I chose to use SEW MANY CARDS image "Harley in flowers."  I love Harley, such a cute Hippo or "Hippowatamus" as my 6 yr. old called them at Animal Kingdom in Disney last week.  Coloring done with Copics and Atyou Spicas, then added Ranger glaze.  Image cut with Nesties and DP behind cut with Lifestyle Crafts die.  Flowers from K and Co.  Ribbon from my stash, sentiment from Pink By Design clear stamps.  DP is My Minds eye (green) and pink checked is Echo Park.  American Crafts CS textured is base of card.  Hope you like it and that you will play along with us!


Here's a card with this week's FREEBIE - remember, go to SEW MANY CARDS SHOP to pick it up.


For this card, I chose to keep the same color theme, used Copics and Atyou Spicas, then added Stickles to the wings.  Bling is from My Mind's Eye.  Butterfly cut with SU punch and bling added.  Shapes cut with Lifestyle Crafts abstract circles.  Flower from K and Co.  DP is My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, SU and Echo Park.  Tab with sentiment cut with SU punch.  Triangle cut with E Success punch. 
I hope you like it:)

Challenges entered: FLUTTERBY WEDNESDAYS - anything goes with butterfly, angel or fairy
FRESH BREWED DESIGNS - flowers
SIMON SAYS STAMPS - Spring colors/Easter

AUD'S SENTIMENTS - card/sentiment for a child

C.R.A.F.T. - animal/pet
CRAFT US CRAZY - spring/Easter

DUTCH DARE - spring has sprung
PAPERPLAY CHALLENGES - critters galore

18 comments:

bernietom47 said...

Love you bright and cheerful cards. That Hippo is to stinking CUTE!
Blessings Bernie

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Both cards are so lovely!!! I love the bright green hippo!!! so cute!
Hugs, Marit.

Unknown said...

gorgeous card and lovely colors. Now i'm your follwer. Compliments for your works, are beautiful.
Francy

Unknown said...

O so colourful, love the cute stamps xxx

Ilonka said...

I came along to your blog again today and found so many colorfull and great cards again!

I found the new candy as well..... !

Thanks a lot for this chance!

Best wishes ILo

Ilonka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I am new to your blog but you can be sure I will be back often! Love it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute! Great papers on both of these!

Jen said...

I am now a follower, candy is great, your cards are so colourful.
jenjoy x

crafty amy said...

These are sooo cute :D I love the bright fun colours you are always so good at using them.

Hugs

Amy xx

Regena said...

Cute cards!!perfect cards for spring

MargaritaMD said...

thankful my friend shared your blog with me! your creations are wonderful!

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week for our animal/pets challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

uksharon said...

Fabulous cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Paperplay this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Betty said...

Beautiful card love the colours and image, thanks for sharing this adorable card at C.R.A.F.T this week.
Betty
(GDT for April at CRAFT.)

Gem said...

fabulous creation!Thanks for joining in this weeks animals challenge at CRAFT! Gemma :)

kim.mom said...

Great job! What fun cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!

Stacy said...

Cute Cards! Glad to see you joining us at the month long flower challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges!