Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Friday, May 3, 2013

Some coloring experimenting and mini highlighting tutorial


Happy Friday everyone!!  I am a bit later than I was hoping, but unfortunately, due to terrible allergies, I have been unable to craft since Wednesday, which has been disappointing and frustrating.  Anyway, I decided to experiment with different papers and how my Copics worked on each of them and so let's see what I came up with.  I have posted this over at INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG as well.  Also, I have had many questions over the past few weeks about how I "pop" out my images with highlights, so I'm going to quick show you that.

So, I chose Gardening LiLi rubber stamp from Inky Impressions Shop and I have chosen 2 different papers - Copic's Xpress Blend It 250gm and Neenah Solar White 110 lb.  I have stamped the image on both papers using Brilliance ink.



Just showing a few steps so you can see I colored them exactly the same.



Once I finished coloring, I pick 2 lighter colors that I think will make a nice highlight - usually an 00 and 01 or a 10 and 11 in Copic numbers.  Occasionally I venture out into other numbers, but rarely.
So, first I go around the image with the darker (higher #) color and then the lighter, blending it along the way.

So, here's my final outcome.  What do you think?  I had an easier time blending on the Neenah and also less gumming up - see how I had to unclog my marker tip on the Copic paper.  Overall though, I think they look pretty similar.  Hope this was helpful.  Tune in on Wednesday to see what I have created with this colored image.

Hugs!!

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow Audrey, Your colouring is stunning thank you for the tutorial x

Wendy H said...

Beautiful Audrey. Thank you for sharing. Wendy xx

Unknown said...

cute and beautiful :)