Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Add some sparkle to your embellies Tutorial for SHELLY'S IMAGES

How many of us LOVE buttons, brads and flowers with Sparkle, but don't want to pay inflated prices to get some?!?  If you fall into that category, I have an amazingly easy way to achieve the sparkle effect without spending a mint. 

First step, find some glitter - whatever color you wish and some glue.  If I'm doing a brad or flower I usually use a really light textured glue such as JudiKins glaze.  I like Mod Podge for the heavier items, such as buttons.  Although today I used JudiKins for the buttons and it worked fine.

Ok, now once you start this process, you need to work quickly because you don't want your glue to dry and get all clumpy when you add the glitter.  So I make a pile of glue and then some piles of glitter and dip the items in the glue and then the glitter and voila!

Then, just pick out your image - mine is from SHELLY'S IMAGES SHOP and make your card.  I didn't use all that I made because I didn't love the silver on the flower, but that's ok.  Might use it for something else:)






Hope you will find this helpful:)  Have a wonderful day!!
Challenges entered: ARTFUL INKABLES die cuts and punches
TUESDAY TAGGERS - Santa Claus
STAMPS R US - holiday cards
ONE STITCH AT A TIME - glitz it up
TOP TIP TUESDAY - anything goes

7 comments:

Just A Pac Rat said...

Nice idea! The pink flower turned out beautiful!

Love crafts forever said...

Very pretty Audrey. Hugs, Nataliya.

Lorraine said...

oh wow i have got to try this they look so beautiful xx

Claire said...

Wow Audrey they look gorgeous! I'll have to have a play with this technique
TFS
Claire xx

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful tutorial Audrey, the buttons and flowers look wonderful, take careX:)

jimlynn said...

Great card! LOVE that Santa image....so real looking!
Also, thanks for the instructions on the buttons and flowers. WOW
Thanks for playing at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Vee said...

Such a lovely card!!. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday this week.Good luck.
xx Vee