Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY - CHRISTMAS

It's time for a NEW CHALLENGE at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY and this week's CHALLENGE is to create a Christmas card based on a song, poem or event.  I chose this AMAZING image by Jen for my card this week - you can find it at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY SHOP along with lots of other AWESOME images.

I chose to use words from the song "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and the words that inspired my card are "Glory to the NEW BORN KING."  I had so much fun with this image.  I colored it with Copics and Atyou Spicas and then cut it out by hand.  I used a charm I found at my LSS and hung it from the card using gold cord.  Pearls are from Mark Richard's.  I used a Shadow Box card.  I have never made one before and really like how it turned out.  I used textured SU papers and DP is Jillie Bean and Echo Park.  I really like the simplicity of the card and it feels very peaceful to me.  I hope you like it and that you come play along with our challenge.  Our challenge runs until Tues., Nov. 23 in USA, so get your projects made and linked up at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY BLOG.  Can't wait to see what you create!! 
Looking down from top of card


My card is also for the following challenges:
A SPOONFULL OF SUGAR - snow/snowflakes
SCRAP CREATIONS - Christmas
PAPER SUNDAES - Let it snow
OUR DAILY BREAD DESIGNS - gold or silver cording (I used gold for charm)
BAH HUMBUG - Christmas and fancy fold
WINTER WONDERLAND - Christmas Carol (Hark the Herald Angels sing "GLORY TO THE NEW BORN KING")
RAINBOW LADY - make a picture

15 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Lovely card and great idea Audrey! Hugs

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Awesome card Audrey!!!I Love the shape and the image! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Marit.

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is stunning not tried these cards before.i love the image and your colouring xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, what a great card!!! I love that image and the way you have decorated this beauty!! Thanks for taking te time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Peggy said...

Great card. I love all the elements. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Margaret said...

Stunning card!!!!!!! Can't single out one item on it as I think it is all super - well done!

Irene said...

What a stunning shadow box card - I love it.
I totally agree the simplicity and serenity of your card is the perfect backdrop to your beautiful and magical image. The snowflakes and pearls add the perfect finishing touches.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxx

Janet said...

Such a lovely nativity scene with a contemporary twist. Thank you so much for joining me Making a Picture at Rainbow Lady's Challenge.

Janet xx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

A delightful shadow box! I have yet to make one of those...but I need to! Yours is wonderful!

Thanks for playing with the Paper Sundaes Challenge this week!
♥Lisa M.

downrightcrafty said...

A lovely creation thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week hope to see you back tomorrow
Hugs Kate xx

Annie said...

Gorgeous card . Thank you for fancy folding with us this week at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty. Love the shadow box design! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Crystal said...

So gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Rainbow Lady said...

Many apologies for not posting a reply before Audrey - had such problems with Mr Blogger. Your picture is delightful I love it. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x