Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SOFTPENCIL TUESDAY - MERRY CHRISTMAS

It's Tuesday, which means time for my SOFTPENCIL PROJECT this week!!  A few announcements before I get to my project this week.  You'll want to pop on over to the SOFTPENCIL BLOG to check out everything that is going on this week.   SOFTPENCIL is sponsoring the challenge at CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS and the CI DT have made some FABULOUS projects using SOFTPENCIL images, so you'll want to see those!   Plus, Elizabeth has shared some SUPER EXCITING news about the new SOFTPENCIL STUDIOS coming in 2011!!  You can also see all the work from the other SOFTPENCIL DT members, which is AMAZING.  If you have a chance, please stop by the other DT members blogs (links in my sidebar) as their work is so inspiring!!

As of now, the SOFTPENCIL SHOP is closed for maintenance, so the only place you can get the current SOFTPENCIL PRODUCTS is at SOFTPENCIL'S ETSY SHOP.  All current products will be available ONLY until Jan. 2.  Elizabeth is re-designing all her characters, so get your current SOFTPENCIL products while you still can.  For NOVEMBER, everything in the SOFTPENCIL ETSY SHOP is 20% off!!  Also,

Sale is going on, so you definitely want to get yourself over there to take advantage of all these GREAT SALES!!

One last thing before I get to my card.  Hope you will pop on over to SOFTPENCIL GROUP ON PCP for fun, chatting and getting to know the DT and other lovers of SOFTPENCIL!!

This week, we are working with the image "MERRY CHRISTMAS."  I LOVE this image because it reminds me of the joy and simplicity that I like to take in at Christmas time.
Craft Your Passion (link below) has a technique challenge this week for a diamond fold, which I had actually never seen before and thought it was SUPER COOL, so I followed the tutorial linked to the Craft Your Passion Challenge blog.  I chose DP from Basic Grey and base is SU textured more mustard.  SOFTPENCIL Image is colored with Copics, Atyou Spicas, Sakura glaze pen (white) and Stickles.  Image cut by hand.  Sentiment is Amuse clear stamps, stamped with SU cherry cobbler, cut with Nesties and distressed with SU old olive.  Gold trim is from Pink Paislee.  I do not remember who makes sparkly red flowers/flourishes.  I hope you like it, I'm pretty psyched how it turned out:)

I have also entered this card for the following challenges:
CRAFT YOUR PASSION - diamond fold (instructions for this fold provided on the blog)
LEXI'S CREATIONS - traditional Christmas colors
POLLYCRAFT - glittery Christmas
CRAFTY PAD - Christmas sparkle
CUPCAKE INSPIRATIONS - Inspiration Photo                                                       
CHRISTMAS CARD CHALLENGES - nontraditional shaped Christmas card
2 SISTERS - Christmas
BEE-CRAFTY - Digi and Christmas
CRAFT YOUR DAYS AWAY - Christmas tree

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aud,
wow hun this is totally fabulous. Love that fold - yet another thing I must try out!! Great DP too.
Hugs
Dawn x

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Awesome creation Audrey! I love all the details and colouring!
Hugs, Marit.

Lorraine said...

this is fab huni i love this shape you have made its gorgeous and very eyecatching along with gorgeous colouring and papers tfs xx

Lisa Atha said...

Audrey,

Wow! What a great card! I have never made this fold before, you are getting adventurous chica! I hope you are feeling better, drop me an email or give me a call!

Hugs, Lisa

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This came out so great! Love the image!

Dawnll said...

Wow it turned out spectacular! I loved that you used the tutorial we all used.
What a fun blog you have here.
I also love the softpencil images and have been lucky enough to play with some.
Thanks for joining us at Craft Your passion this week.

Kerry said...

Audrey, this is so awesome!!! It's fabulous!!! Totally awesome!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

fabulous! the cupcakes look yummmmy!

Rachel Hope said...

It looks like a Christmas Cracker! Fun! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations!

~Rachel Hope

Anonymous said...

Love the colours,they work so well together.Lots of festive sparkle too.Glad you were able to follow my tutorial.Your card turned so well.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Stephanie said...

Great job on the diamond fold card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Elizabeth P said...

I agree with you Audrey! that diamond fold is great! I love how your card turned out and I love the warm colours you used! gorgeous card!!!

Paddington fan said...

What a fantastic card - must check out that fold!! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time for our Christmas colour challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

StephC said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with this weeks CCC! :)

Doreen said...

Wow this is fabulous what a great design.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

sammi said...

Audrey, your diamond fold card is gorgeous! Love the papers and image you used!

Debbie said...

Super card and great design. :) :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. ;)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, and I love the fold. Thanks for joining us at CYDA this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Anne-Marije said...

This is fantastic!
xxx Anne-Marije

Lauretta See said...

wow.. very nice diamond card :) happy you joined us this week on the Craft your passion challenge. Good luck on the win!

Lexi said...

Ohhh fabulous creation :D Thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

Unknown said...

Wow! This turned out great! I love the use of the tinsel and the image is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

Shelley said...

You have been busy, another gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in this fortnights CYDA Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx