Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

NEW CHALLENGE AT RAINBOW LADY'S CHALLENGES

It's Thursday, which means it's time for a NEW CHALLENGE at RAINBOW LADY'S CHALLENGE.  This week our theme is HIGHLAND FLING ( for Burn's Night).  Highland Fling is a Scottish Celebration Dance that was originally performed when the men returned from battle.  Burn's Night is a celebration in the United Kingdom on Jan. 25 (Robert Burn's birthday), which honors the poet Robert Burns who wrote many Scottish poems.  The Highland Fling dance is performed during these celebrations.


My interpretation of this challenge is a card with the awesome sentiment "Party til the Cows Come Home" from Pink by Design clear stamps.  The image is from a website called fancydress.com which sells costumes.  I used 2 different Cuttlebug folders, some Adirondak distress inks and several different nesties for my card.  Buttons are Sassafrass Lass and blingy dew drops are EK Success.  I sure hope you will give this challenge a try, it is really fun!!  Please have your project linked up at RAINBOW LADY'S CHALLENGE by next Weds., January 26.

Other challenges entered:
CRAFT YOUR PASSION - buttons
PEAR TREE DESIGNS - free for all
CURTAIN CALL COLOR CHALLENGE
TOTALLY STAMPALICIOUS- masculine card
CARDS FOR MEN - Let's party plus for a man
CRAZY CHALLENGE - buttons


12 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hee Hee that man makes me smile doing his wee jig!!! Lovely card and great colours. Hope all is well Hazelxoxo

Christine said...

Fab card Audrey, I am almost tempted to join in the jig.
Hugs Christine xx

Jen said...

Such a fun card Audrey. Great sentiment.
hugs Jen x

Faye said...

Awesome, Audrey. I love it.

FibreJunky said...

I'm sorry....I saw this card and just started giggling so hard it made my eyes water!! SOOO much fun!!

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous Burns night card, love your image. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

Pamela Lash said...

Love your card for the challenge! Happy belated b-day! I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!

Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Flutterby Trina said...

lovely card, thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good Luck

Hugs

Katrina

xx

Hristovica said...

hahaha, very funny card. Made me smile. Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at The Crazy Challenge.

tiggertastic said...

excellent colours and image

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Susie said...

Great card, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Fun card.Love the image and bright colours.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x